WE HAVE A NEW SITE TO HELP PEOPLE STUDY THE WORD OF GOD. JOIN US THERE!!
The days we are in a women is expected to be a certain way. Most of the time the focus is all ungodly. Independent, in charge, and her own women. I grew up in a house where women were in charge. The men were ungodly and thoughtless. Some of you have too. BUT, that does not mean you have to follow that ungodly way. The world would say it is OK to say what you want, you have the right, you are in charge of your own life. You are to think your own thoughts. You don’t have to agree with your husband. You can just divorce him if you don’t love him anymore, or don’t like what he says. Or you just are not compatible anymore. This is what Satan wants. He is after the family. He will stop at nothing to break up families. I feel women are very influential and really need to be careful of their actions towards their husbands.
I read something from a women’s Lib article that I thought was interesting. The women libbers argue that centuries of being “brainwashed” by a male dominated culture have made women passive, seeing their role as inferior, and oh the last one is a big one, they even like their roll as a homemaker and child-raiser. Wow! Oh what a bad thing to like being a homemaker and a child-raiser. There is much to say about both husband and wife, both male and female. But I only want to share some scriptures on the wife. Yes, the husband is to treat his wife as Christ does the church. He is to be and do many things. But lets look at some scriptures about how the wife is to be.
Eph. 5:33 (AMP)
let the wife see that she respects and reverences her husband that she notices him, regards him, honors him, prefers him, venerates, and esteems him; and that she defers to him, praises him, and loves and admires him exceedingly].
1 Peter 3:1-2 (AMP)
1) IN LIKE manner, you married women, be submissive to your own husbands [subordinate yourselves as being secondary to and dependent on them, and adapt yourselves to them], so that even if any do not obey the Word [of God], they may be won over not by discussion but by the [godly] lives of their wives,
2) When they observe the pure and modest way in which you conduct yourselves, together with your reverence [for your husband; you are to feel for him all that reverence includes: to respect, defer to, revere him–to honor, esteem, appreciate, prize, and, in the human sense, to adore him, that is, to admire, praise, be devoted to, deeply love, and enjoy your husband].
Eph. 5:22 (AMP) Wives, be subject (be submissive and adapt yourselves) to your own husbands as [a service] to the Lord.
Col. 3:18 Wives, be subject to your husbands [subordinate and adapt yourselves to them], as is right and fitting and your proper duty in the Lord.
Wow, look at all the detail of how we should act, honor, esteem, appreciate, prize, respect, admire, praise, love, enjoy, and much, much, more. The part that most women have is “be subject, be submissive, adapt yourselves”. One reason is the world has made those bad words. They have twisted them so women feel if they follow this way they are brainwashed and less of a women. They look down on Christian women.
Don’t worry about your husband doing his part. You pray to God and ask Him to help your husband. You are the Father’s daughter and your husband will have to answer to God and so do you. Don’t be pulled into the worlds way of thinking. As the scriptures say above it is your service to the Lord, your proper duty in the Lord, and it is right and fitting.
Even though the world puts women in a lower position, the Bible exalts women who found fulfillment in many ways.
• Hannah’s life centered on her family (I Samuel 1-2)
• Miriam excelled as a prophetess (Exodus 15:20)
• Deborah achieved greatness as a judge, military leader and poet (Judges 5)
• Esther successfully led her people through intriguing political conspiracies (Esther 4-7)
• Naomi and Ruth sold real estate (Ruth 4:3-9)
• Women aided in the defense of Thebez
• An woman turned the tide of that battle against the wicked aggressor, Abimelech (Judges 9:50-55)
• The inspired description of an excellent wife given in Proverbs 31 contains ambitious standards for her family relationships, but no one can honestly say that she was a domestic slave to a chauvinistic husband. Indeed, she found fulfillment, in addition to her home, in real estate investments (31:16), as well as in retail and wholesale distribution of the clothing she manufactured (31:24).
• The first European convert to Christianity, Lydia of Thyatira, was a “seller of purple fabrics, a worshiper of God” (Acts 16:14).
One interesting scripture that really stands out is the Proverb 31 women. She does not look to me as being a passive low life of a women. She is strong, creative, loving, and very devoted.
Our relationship with our husbands need to be as our relationship with Christ. Which is sincere, pure, and constant. Walking in Love.
I know there are women whose husbands are not Godly. You still need to do your part. Pray for direction and guidance. In the last days Satan wants to divide. He wants to divide the family, friends, church, and more. A house divide can not stand. You can do your part. You can be a Godly women in an ungodly world!!!